- Skilled medicinal chemists
- Conception and synthesis of new analogs for lead optimization, SAR expansion, hit to lead transition.
- Extensive background in synthetic chemistry and working at the interface between chemistry and pharmacology, toxicology, drug metabolism, pharmacokinetics.
- Skilled process chemists
- Innovative scalable solutions
- Stable label synthesis (13C, 15N, 2H)
- A business designed from a customer’s perspective
- Provide you with a turn-key, world class chemistry department.
- Understand and treat intellectual property with the mission critical importance it deserves
- Provide you with a chemistry solution that does not need constant oversight.
- Provide novel and innovative solutions (patentable) to therapeutic programs.
- Team members that have spent decades working on therapeutic program teams.
- Implement communication strategies designed around your needs.
- Our chemists and senior advisors have a total of over 1000 publications and patents and have had key roles in the invention and development of several marketed drugs.
- Kalexsyn currently has 34 employees. 24 medicinal chemists at the bench. ~1:1 ratio of Ph.D. to MS/BS. Currently recruiting with a goal of an additional 3 new scientists by 1Q 2010.
Early API Capabilities
- Under direction of Dr. Peter Wuts
- Author of Protective Groups in Organic Synthesis
- 50-500 gram syntheses
- Process improvement chemistry
We Understand and Address Your Concerns
- We realize you have other duties and minimize the time you need to manage our collaboration through complete communication and access to data.
- We will meet or exceed your in-house quality standards.
- We have the expertise to solve problems in conjunction with you.
- We provide timelines that are aggressive yet obtainable.
- All issues regarding your project are provided to you as soon as available.
- We don’t conduct in-house research. You get our best scientists and our full attention. Your CRO shouldn’t compete against you.
Full Analytical Capabilities
- 400 MHz NMR, with auto-sampler
- Multiple ion probe H, F, C, N, P etc.
- Multiple Agilent 1100 HPLC units
- Two walk-up LC/MS spectrometers
- GCT HI RES, exact mass
- Access to CHN, AA
- Symyx Enterprise Software
- Electronic Notebook
- Reaction Database
- Unlimited searching for every chemist
- Access to journals
- Access to reprints of all journals through reprint providers.
- Access to selected electronic journals.
- Secure, dedicated Oracle server platforms
- Allows creation of proprietary databases
- SQL programming capability
- Work directly with molecular modeling provider
- Former head of computational chemistry at Novartis
Experimental Data Preparation
- Symyx electronic notebook software allows rapid creation of experimental procedures in PDF form directly from the notebook.
- Facile patent preparation.
- Consistent notebook format from scientist to scientist.
- NMR HPLC, MS, and IR, analytical data generated in PDF form and incorporated into notebook
- Over 20,000 sq ft of lab space.
- Custom designed medicinal chemistry research facility with open lab plan
- Designed to eliminate exposure (zero-exposure) to scientists. 2 Chemists share 26 linear feet of hood space
Working with Clients
- CDA or MSA executed prior to start of work
- Review RFP and provide you with cost, timetable, decision points, critical issues, options
- Provide each RFP with the attention it deserves
- Reasonable yet aggressive timelines
- Quotes on project basis or FTE basis
- Complexity of the chemistry
- Precedence of the chemistry
- SAR, IP enabling projects on FTE only
- FTE available on short-term basis
Kalexsyn is Growing and Stable
- Financially stable
- 100% equity owned by CEO & CSO
- Operating from a new state-of-the-art custom designed laboratory facility. Broad customer base
- 25% Europe, 75% USA
- Projects carried out for more than 87 pharmaceutical customers.
- Currently recruiting for new scientists in 2010.
Our Strategic Partners (click on name to visit Website)